We have had so many new cases of Covid-19 breakthrough infections in our membership the past two weeks that we decided to start the new booster clinics this Friday, April 15 rather than waiting until May.
- We give the Moderna vaccine in booster dose. This is appropriate regardless what vaccine was used for your initial Covid-19 series or your initial booster. We are not giving primary immunizations at these clinics.
- Anyone 50 years of age or older is eligible if you are 4 months or so after your first booster. That is true for many people at this point. If your booster was more recent, you can safely wait until the May or June clinics.
- People over age 12 but under age 50 are eligible for the additional booster if they are at higher risk or immunosuppressed according to CDC criteria.
- Clinics will be on Fridays starting at 10:30 a.m. and can accommodate 25 people over about 2 hours. There are 5 appointment blocks on the schedule, each appointment accommodating 5 people.
- We have opened Friday April 15 and Friday April 22 for online scheduling. We plan further weekly or every other week vaccine clinics depending on demand for these first two. We will open subsequent Fridays promptly after we evaluate these first two clinics.
- Access the vaccine appointment scheduler here or from the banner or the Membership menu at the top of each page. If you have difficulty with the scheduler, you may call Keecha or Sandra at the OHC office.
- We are using our own suite for the immunization clinic. After you make your appointment on the vaccine scheduler, you will see detailed instructions about calling us on arrival and the patient flow in the office suite during the clinic. Please read that information.